Happy Moments with Buddy Parenting

0 comments


I got married and after couple of years, a beautiful angel came into my life as my daughter. All of the sudden I became responsible. Taking care of her was first on the priority list. I felt myself to be as a protector, guarding her all the time . Too much pressuring me as well her. Out of all the words I used to her, "NO" was the most. "Don't touch the puppy it will harm you!" ,"Don't lift that you will get hurt ", "Don't Do that","Don't Do this". She used to stand and stare at me. Seeing all this, one day my husband told me to stop being hard on her and let loose, she is a just kid. In the name of "Protection" I was not giving her the freedom which she deserved as a child. "Do u want to be a mom like this ? This is how you want to teach her ? was your mom like this ?" recollect your childhood and then decide what to do.  I felt depressed when I realized what I was doing. These words from him made me think the whole night about my childhood days.

While growing up I had a lot of full filled moments and happy childhood memories. I shared a special bond with my mother. We used to walk back from school along with my friends and their moms. There used to be a swing on a tree in front my friend's house. Everyday after school or whenever I pass by that place my mother will definitely allow me swing. Once when we crossed that place it was raining heavily, still my mother allowed me to swing even in that weather. I slipped and got hurt, both me and my mom fell sick and dad was mad. I thought this is it swing is done. Few days passed, we did not get a chance to go that way. Later one day, me and my mother were passing by the swing. I looked at the swing but did not ask for it after all that happened. My mom stopped few steps after crossing the swing, took me back and made me swing. That moment I was overjoyed, hugged my mother tight and came back home all smiling and excited. Many times I had fallen from that swing and hesitated to swing due to fear of falling but my mother never let me stop. That was my first swing and lovely memory of my childhood.

From then on I started to let loose on her but not completely. It was very difficult to change immediately. I spoke to my mother, all she had to say was "I lived my childhood again  with you and your brother and waiting to live it again with my grand kids :)" With support from my family I slowly changed and time passed by happily. Me and my daughter had many happy moments together. I let her spill,  later she started to clean up with me. I let play in sand , pet a puppy, jumping in a muddy puddle, face paint herself and  now she learned to keep her clean and safe after having fun. She understood "Mommy wants her to have Fun being Safe"(Riding a roller coaster with the safety belts on) I understood "Make the child learn the way she wants it. Everybody Learns Differently"

Now she calls me her BFF (Best Friend Forever) which makes me immensely happy. There was a moment when I learnt from her. One day when my daughter asked me why was I sad?  I told her "unknowing I hurt my friend and she is mad at me now and not talking to me" My daughter told "Just talk to your friend and don't forget to use the 3 Golden Words (Please,Sorry, Thank you) she will definitely forgive you" I was very much surprised and happy to see my little girl talking so mature and clear.  Now very happy that my daughter and myself are having many ‘Khushi Ke Pal’  this would have not happened without Buddy Parenting.


Follow Kellogg's Chocos @ Facebook and Twitter

Leave a Reply